Working in the Oilfield can be a physically strenuous profession with its risks of sprains, strains and disease. This program provides the employee with the knowledge and information to be able to work in neutral body positions that will help elevate built up stress on the muscles and ligaments of the body, allowing the worker to perform difficult tasks injury free. In addition, health and wellness topics such as proper stretching, exercising, nutrition, and disease prevention (Staph infections) are featured.
All scenarios and instruction have been captured with actual oilfield workers on working drilling and production job sites.
Module titles include:
• Soft Tissue Injuries
• Ergonomic Intervention and Equipment
• How to Work in Stress Free Neutral Postures
• Warm Up Stretching & Posture Relief for Your Back
• Warm Up Stretching & Posture Relief for Your Extremities
• Proper Lifting Techniques
• Maintaining Good Physical Fitness
• Early Intervention and Treatment For Soft Tissue Injuries
• Maintaining Good Nutrition
Soft tissue injury is the number one reason for lost time in the oilfield industry. This program can go a long way to elevate these injuries and to help speed the recovery of employees if they do suffer an injury, getting them back to work earlier. All lifting, pushing, and pulling job functions demonstrated are from actual job tasks performed within the oilfield industry. Such tasks include working with tongs, slips, wrenches, mud sacks, and activities like welding, painting, operating the drilling controls and even working in an office. No employee should be without this potentially life saving instruction. Length: 51 minutes